Electronic data storage medium
Researchers at the University of Tokyo, Japan have created a 25 terabyte titanium oxide-based disc.HP Pavilion DV4-1135BR Battery
- Titanium dioxide in solution or suspension can be used to cleave protein that contains the amino acid proline at the site where proline is present. This breakthrough in cost-effective protein splitting took place at Arizona State University in 2006.HP Pavilion DV4-1135EE Battery
- Titanium dioxide is also used as a material in the memristor, a new electronic circuit element. It can be employed for solar energy conversion based on dye, polymer, or quantum dot sensitized nanocrystalline TiO2 solar cells using conjugated polymersas solid electrolytes.HP Pavilion DV4-1135EI Battery
- Synthetic single crystals and films of TiO2 are used as a semiconductor, and also in Bragg-stack style dielectric mirrorsdue to the high refractive index of TiO2 (2.5 – 2.9).
Health and safety
Titanium dioxide is incompatible with strong reducing agents and strong acids.HP Pavilion DV4-1135TX Battery
Violent or incandescent reactions occur with molten metals that are veryelectropositive, e.g. aluminium, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, zinc and lithium.
Titanium dioxide accounts for 70% of the total production volume of pigments worldwide. It is widely used to provide whiteness and opacity to products such as paints, plastics, papers, inks, foods, and toothpastes.HP Pavilion DV4-1136BR Battery
It is also used in cosmetic and skin care products, and it is present in almost every sunblock, where it helps protect the skin from ultraviolet light.
Many sunscreens use nanoparticle titanium dioxide (along with nanoparticle zinc oxide) which does get absorbed into the skin. The effects on human health are not yet well understood.HP Pavilion DV4-1136TX Battery
Titanium dioxide dust, when inhaled, has been classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) as an IARC Group 2B carcinogen possibly carcinogenic to humans.HP Pavilion DV4-1137TX Battery
The findings of the IARC are based on the discovery that high concentrations of pigment-grade (powdered) and ultrafine titanium dioxide dust caused respiratory tract cancer in rats exposed by inhalation and intratracheal instillation.The series of biological events or steps that produce the rat lung cancersHP Pavilion DV4-1138TX Battery
(e.g. particle deposition, impaired lung clearance, cell injury, fibrosis, mutations and ultimately cancer) have also been seen in people working in dusty environments. Therefore, the observations of cancer in animals were considered, by IARC, as relevant to people doing jobs with exposures to titanium dioxide dust. HP Pavilion DV4-1139TX Battery
For example, titanium dioxide production workers may be exposed to high dust concentrations during packing, milling, site cleaning and maintenance, if there are insufficient dust control measures in place. However, the human studies conducted so far do not suggest an association between occupational exposure to titanium dioxide and an increased risk for cancer.HP Pavilion DV4-1140EK Battery
The safety of the use of nano-particle sized titanium dioxide, which can penetrate the body and reach internal organs, has been criticized. Studies have also found that titanium dioxide nanoparticles cause genetic damage in mice.
Titanium alloys are metallic materials which contain a mixture of titanium and other chemical elements.HP Pavilion DV4-1140GO Battery
Such alloys have very high tensile strength and toughness(even at extreme temperatures), light weight, extraordinary corrosion resistance, and ability to withstand extreme temperatures. However, the high cost of both raw materials and processing limit their use to military applications, aircraft, spacecraft, medical devices,HP Pavilion DV4-1140TX Battery
connecting rods on expensive sports cars and some premiumsports equipment and consumer electronics. Auto manufacturers Porsche and Ferrari also use titanium alloys in engine components due to its durable properties in these high stress engine environments.HP Pavilion DV4-1141TX Battery
Although "commercially pure" titanium has acceptable mechanical properties and has been used for orthopedic and dental implants, for most applications titanium is alloyed with small amounts of aluminum and vanadium, typically 6% and 4% respectively, by weight.HP Pavilion DV4-1142TX Battery
This mixture has a solid solubility which varies dramatically with temperature, allowing it to undergo precipitation strengthening. This heat treatment process is carried out after the alloy has been worked into its final shape but before it is put to use, allowing much easier fabrication of a high-strength product.HP Pavilion DV4-1143GO Battery
The crystal structure of titanium at ambient temperature and pressure is close-packed hexagonal ? phase with a c/a ratio of 1.587. At about 890°C, the titanium undergoes an allotropic transformation to a body-centred cubic ? phase which remains stable to the melting temperature.HP Pavilion DV4-1143TX Battery
Some alloying elements raise the alpha-to-beta transition temperature (i.e. alpha stabilizers) while others lower the transition temperature (i.e. beta stabilizers). Aluminium, gallium, germanium, carbon,oxygen and nitrogen are alpha stabilizers.HP Pavilion DV4-1144TX Battery
Molybdenum, vanadium, tantalum, niobium, manganese, iron, chromium, cobalt, nickel, copper and silicon are beta stabilizers.
Titanium Alloys are generally classified into four main categories:
- Alpha alloys which contain neutral alloying elements (such as tin) and/ or alpha stabilisers (such as aluminium or oxygen) only. These are not heat treatable.HP Pavilion DV4-1144US Battery
- Near-alpha alloys contain small amount of ductile beta-phase. Besides alpha-phase stabilisers, near-alpha alloys are alloyed with 1-2% of beta phase stabilizers such as molybdenum, silicon or vanadium.
- Alpha & Beta Alloys, which are metastable and generally include some combination of both alpha and beta stabilisers, and which can be heat treated.HP Pavilion DV4-1145BR Battery
- Beta Alloys, which are metastable and which contain sufficient beta stabilisers (such as molybdenum, silicon and vanadium) to allow them to maintain the beta phase when quenched, and which can also be solution treated and aged to improve strength.HP Pavilion DV4-1145GO Battery
Generally, beta-phase titanium is stronger yet less ductile and alpha-phase titanium is more ductile. Alpha-beta-phase titanium has a mechanical property which is in between both.
Titanium dioxide dissolves in the metal at high temperatures, and its formation is very energetic.HP Pavilion DV4-1145TX Battery
These two factors mean that all titanium except the most carefully purified has a significant amount of dissolved oxygen, and so may be considered a Ti-O alloy. Oxide precipitates offer some strength (as discussed above), but are not very responsive to heat treatment and can substantially decrease the alloy's toughness.HP Pavilion DV4-1146TX Battery
Many alloys also contain titanium as a minor additive, but since alloys are usually categorized according to which element forms the majority of the material, these are not usually considered to be "titanium alloys" as such. See the sub-article on titanium applications.HP Pavilion DV4-1147CL Battery
Titanium alone is a strong, light metal. It is as strong as steel, but 45% lighter. It is also twice as strong as aluminium but only 60% heavier. Titanium is not easily corroded by sea water, and thus is used in propeller shafts, rigging and other parts of boats that are exposed to sea water.HP Pavilion DV4-1147TX Battery
Titanium and its alloys are used in airplanes, missiles and rockets where strength, low weight and resistance to high temperatures are important. Further, since titanium does not react within the human body, it and its alloys are used to create artificial hips, pins for setting bones, and for other biological implants. See Titanium#Orthopedic_implants.HP Pavilion DV4-1148TX Battery
The ASTM defines a number of alloy standards with a numbering scheme for easy reference.
- Grade 1-4 are unalloyed and considered commercially pure or "CP". Generally the tensile and yield strength goes up with grade number for these "pure" grades.HP Pavilion DV4-1149TX Battery
- The difference in their physical properties is primarily due to the quantity of interstitial elements. They are used for corrosion resistance applications where cost and ease of fabrication and welding are important.
- Grade 5, also known as Ti6Al4V, Ti-6Al-4V or Ti 6-4, is the most commonly used alloy.HP Pavilion DV4-1150BR Battery
- It has a chemical composition of 6% aluminium, 4% vanadium, 0.25% (maximum) iron, 0.2% (maximum) oxygen, and the remainder titanium. Grade 5 is used extensively in Aerospace, Medical, Marine, and Chemical Processing. It is used for connecting rods in internal combustion engines.HP Pavilion DV4-1150EO Battery
- It is significantly stronger than commercially pure titanium while having the same stiffness and thermal properties (excluding thermal conductivity, which is about 60% lower in Grade 5 Ti than in CP Ti). Among its many advantages, it is heat treatable.HP Pavilion DV4-1150ER Battery
- This grade is an excellent combination of strength, corrosion resistance, weld and fabricability. In consequence, its uses are numerous such as for military aircraft or turbines. It is also used in surgical implants. Generally, it is used in applications up to 400 degrees Celsius.HP Pavilion DV4-1150ES Battery
It has a density of roughly 4420 kg/m3, Young's modulus of 110 GPa, and tensile strength of 1000 MPa. By comparison, annealed type 316 stainless steel has a density of 8000 kg/m3, modulus of 193 GPa, and tensile strength of only 570 MPa. And tempered 6061 aluminium alloy has 2700 kg/m3, 69 GPa, and 310 MPa, respectively.HP Pavilion DV4-1150TX Battery
- Grade 6 contains 5% aluminium and 2.5% tin. It is also known as Ti-5Al-2.5Sn. This alloy is used in airframes and jet engines due to its good weldability, stability and strength at elevated temperatures.
- Grade 7 contains 0.12 to 0.25% palladium. This grade is similar to Grade 2. The small quantity of palladium added gives it enhanced crevice corrosion resistance at low temperatures and high pH.HP Pavilion DV4-1151TX Battery
- Grade 7H contains 0.12 to 0.25% palladium. This grade has enhanced corrosion resistance.
- Grade 9 contains 3.0% aluminium and 2.5% vanadium. This grade is a compromise between the ease of welding and manufacturing of the "pure" grades and the high strength of Grade 5. It is commonly used in aircraft tubing for hydraulics and in athletic equipment.HP Pavilion DV4-1152TX Battery
- Grade 11 contains 0.12 to 0.25% palladium. This grade has enhanced corrosion resistance.
- Grade 12 contains 0.3% molybdenum and 0.8% nickel.
- Grades 13, 14, and 15 all contain 0.5% nickel and 0.05% ruthenium.
- Grade 16 contains 0.04 to 0.08% palladium. This grade has enhanced corrosion resistance.HP Pavilion DV4-1153TX Battery
- Grade 16H contains 0.04 to 0.08% palladium.
- Grade 17 contains 0.04 to 0.08% palladium. This grade has enhanced corrosion resistance.
- Grade 18 contains 3% aluminium, 2.5% vanadium and 0.04 to 0.08% palladium. This grade is identical to Grade 9 in terms of mechanical characteristics. The added palladium gives it increased corrosion resistance.HP Pavilion DV4-1154TX Battery
- Grade 19 contains 3% aluminium, 8% vanadium, 6% chromium, 4% zirconium, and 4% molybdenum.
- Grade 20 contains 3% aluminium, 8% vanadium, 6% chromium, 4% zirconium, 4% molybdenum and 0.04% to 0.08% palladium.HP Pavilion DV4-1155SE Battery
- Grade 21 contains 15% molybdenum, 3% aluminium, 2.7% niobium, and 0.25% silicon.
- Grade 23 contains 6% aluminium, 4% vanadium, 0.13% (maximum) Oxygen. Improved ductility and fracture toughness with some reduction in strength.HP Pavilion DV4-1155TX Battery
- Grade 24 contains 6% aluminium, 4% vanadium and 0.04% to 0.08% palladium.
- Grade 25 contains 6% aluminium, 4% vanadium and 0.3% to 0.8% nickel and 0.04% to 0.08% palladium.
- Grades 26, 26H, and 27 all contain 0.08 to 0.14% ruthenium.HP Pavilion DV4-1156TX Battery
- Grade 28 contains 3% aluminium, 2.5% vanadium and 0.08 to 0.14% ruthenium.
- Grade 29 contains 6% aluminium, 4% vanadium and 0.08 to 0.14% ruthenium.
- Grades 30 and 31 contain 0.3% cobalt and 0.05% palladium.
- Grade 32 contains 5% aluminium, 1% tin, 1% zirconium, 1% vanadium, and 0.8% molybdenum.
- Grades 33 and 34 contain 0.4% nickel, 0.015% palladium, 0.025% ruthenium, and 0.15% chromium .
- Grade 35 contains 4.5% aluminium, 2% molybdenum, 1.6% vanadium, 0.5% iron, and 0.3% silicon.
- Grade 36 contains 45% niobium.
- Grade 37 contains 1.5% aluminium.
- Grade 38 contains 4% aluminium, 2.5% vanadium, and 1.5% iron. This grade was developed in the 1990s for use as an armor plating. The iron reduces the amount of Vanadium needed as a beta stabilizer. Its mechanical properties are very similar to Grade 5, but has good cold workability similar to grade 9.HP Pavilion DV4-1159TX Battery
The Titanium Man ("Chelovek-Titan") is the name of two or more fictional characters, supervillains in the Marvel Comicsuniverse. The original Titanium Man first appeared in Tales of Suspense #69 (September 1965). He was created by Stan Leeand Don Heck.HP Pavilion DV4-1160ES Battery
Boris Bullski was born in Makeyevka, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union. According to the Black Widow, he was a KGB-member when he was a young man, and she was his combat instructor for a time. An ambitious official of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Boris Bullski was demoted after displeasing his superiors.HP Pavilion DV4-1160TX Battery
While working as an administrator of a Siberian labor camp, he commissioned the imprisoned scientists at the camp to build a suit of armor using the lab of Anton Vanko, the creator of the original Crimson Dynamo armor. Seeking to win back the Party's favor, Bullski conceived the idea of winning a propaganda victory against the West by defeating the Americansuperhero Iron Man.HP Pavilion DV4-1161TX Battery
He assigned the scientists to create a powerful suit of titanium armor based on the Iron Man technology, though the inferior resources available to the scientists meant that the armor was twice the size of Iron Man's. Bullski received permission to issue his challenge and Iron Man accepted, defeating Titanium Man in a battle before a worldwide television audience.HP Pavilion DV4-1162TX Battery
Undaunted, Bullski prepared for a rematch by having the suit redesigned and undergoing medical treatments that increased both his size and strength. Traveling to the United States, Bullski fought Iron Man in the skies above Washington, D.C.but was defeated. Withdrawing for retrieval by a Soviet submarine, he discovered that he had been abandoned on orders fromMoscow.HP Pavilion DV4-1163TX Battery
After working for the Vietnamese Communist scientist Half-Face (who increased his power yet again) for a while, he returned to the service of the Government of the Soviet Union, and was dispatched to the United States to retrieve the third Crimson Dynamo.HP Pavilion DV4-1164TX Battery
Finding the Dynamo at Cord Industries, a three-way battle between Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, and Iron Man began, during which Titanium Man killed Janice Cord with an electronic beam. Enraged, Iron Man soundly defeated Titanium Man, and left him in the murky depths of the Hudson River.HP Pavilion DV4-1165TX Battery
After the defeat, the two disgraced Soviet agents fled to Communist-controlled Vietnam, where they joined with Radioactive Man to form the Titanic Three. Though Bullski enjoyed working as a sanctioned agent once again, he longed to return to the Soviet Union, and devised a new plan to win his superiors' favor.HP Pavilion DV4-1166CA Battery
Adopting the alias of "The Other", he dispatched another former Soviet agent, the Unicorn, to destroy Iron Man. When the Unicorn failed, the Titanium Man went to destroy Iron Man himself, only to fail once more.
Despite his failures, Bullski was in favor with the Soviet government once more, and returned to the United States on a mission for the KGB.HP Pavilion DV4-1166TX Battery
By threatening the parents of a Soviet defector named Sergei, he forced the man to design technologically advanced armored suits that could be transformed into small card-like objects. Posing as "the Commander", Bullski used the suits to equip members of the Green Liberation Front (G.L.F.), an organization of disaffected Vietnam War veterans who felt ignored by their country.HP Pavilion DV4-1167TX Battery
With the suits, the G.L.F. robbed a New York City bank and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York; though the members believed that they were simply acting as thieves, Bullski used the robberies as a cover for implanting a computer virus that would destroy American financial records, causing chaos in the economy of the United States.HP Pavilion DV4-1168TX Battery
Beta Ray Bill and Sif opposed the G.L.F. and the Commander, but when Sergei discovered that his parents were dead he exposed Bullski's true identity and the angry members of the G.L.F. turned on the Titanium Man. Teleporting away, he rematerialized in card form, which Sergei then simply tore and threw away.HP Pavilion DV4-1169TX Battery
Some time later, the new Crimson Dynamo was sent to the United States by the Soviet government to retrieve the remnants for reintegration. The G.L.F. discovered the Crimson Dynamo's mission and attacked him, forcing him to seek assistance by reactivating the Titanium Man, who due to the incomplete nature of his reassembly was still missing body parts.HP Pavilion DV4-1180BR Battery
Enraged, Bullski slaughtered the members of the G.L.F., and was only stopped when the Dynamo lured him over the Atlantic Ocean and returned him to card form. Bullski was later restored and continued to serve as Titanium Man, as a member of the Soviet Super-Soldiers and later Remont-4, but felt increasingly despondent as the Soviet Union declined.HP Pavilion DV4-1190BR Battery
After an attack on a Stark Enterprises factory in Russia he was believed killed while battling Tony Stark, who was wearing Crimson Dynamo armor that was being controlled by Colonel General Valentin Shatalov, a former friend of Bullski.HP Pavilion DV4-1190EA Battery
Titanium Man II
The second Titanium Man was Kondrati Topolov, the mutant formerly known as Gremlin, and served with the Soviet-era superhero group, the Soviet Super-Soldiers. The Gremlin was killed in combat with Iron Man during the first "Armor Wars" when the titanium in the suit exceeded its combustible temperature.HP Pavilion DV4-1190EJ Battery
Titanium Man III
The third Titanium Man's identity is the subject of some controversy. The first time this figure manifested itself, he attacked Stark Enterprises and Iron Man directly, apparently under orders of Stark-Fujikawa (possibly as a mercenary).HP Pavilion DV4-1190EL Battery
While he was shown to cherish Soviet paraphernalia and newspaper clippings featuring Boris Bullski, his identity was not firmly established.
Some time later, during a space mission to destroy an enormous asteroid that threatened to impact on Earth, a Titanium Man,HP Pavilion DV4-1198ER Battery
claiming to be this same person, stated his name was Andy Stockwell, and had never had a connection with the USSR. However, moments later it was revealed he was actually a member of "The Hammer", an international network of communist sleeper cells who wanted to destroy the United States.HP Pavilion DV4-1199EA Battery
He was lost in space, but being relatively close to Earth, may have returned under his own power.
In any case, a Titanium Man was contacted and hired, ostensibly through the Hammer again, to do a mercenary job for, of all people, Tony Stark in his effort to stop the superhuman registration bill.HP Pavilion DV4-1199EE Battery
It has been strongly suggested (outside of comics´ pages) that the third Titanium Man was indeed Boris Bullski, but against this speaks his apparent willingness to work for Tony Stark—under any set of circumstances—rather than kill him. His face was revealed to look nothing like Bullski's, and it is possible that there are multiple Titanium Men, or at least several people filling the role in turn.HP Pavilion DV4-1199EF Battery
Recently, the Titanium Man reappeared, this time in Russia, as a member of the rogue Soviet super-rebel group called Remont Six. He was knocked out by Darkstar, but was apparently not captured.
In the same period, another Titanium Man was seen being beaten down by Noh-Varr. The identity of this Titanium Man or the circumstances of the battle remain undisclosed.HP Pavilion DV4-1199EO Battery
Powers and abilities
The Titanium Men used green armor similar to that used by Iron Man and to that used by the Crimson Dynamo (their sometime compatriot). Neither suit of armor was as sophisticated as that used by Tony Stark as Iron Man, but some of its weapons were deceptively powerful,HP Pavilion DV4-1199EP Battery
and the first Titanium Man's physical strength seems to have been greater than that of Iron Man. He also boasted that his armor was made to last, not, like American technology, "with planned obsolescence" (although he had actually received several significant upgrades himself).HP Pavilion DV4-1199ER Battery
The suit of armor increases the wearer's physical strength to superhuman levels, and is in fact stronger than Iron Man. It was also able to fly at supersonic speeds (it can even reach escape velocity), shoot concussive force blasts from the hands, project constrictive force "rings", fire an electromagnetically paralytic beam from the helmet, and was resistant to conventional artillery.HP Pavilion DV4-1199ES Battery
Boris Bullski, the original Titanium Man, also possessed enhanced strength due to treatments given to him by the Soviet government to augment his physiology, making him grow into an 11-foot-tall giant. The Gremlin, being a dwarf who seldom exercised, was weaker than most people, but he possessed super-human intelligence, was capable of creating advanced devices and weapons, and was an accomplished genetic engineer.HP Pavilion DV4-1199ET Battery
Heroes Reborn — Iron Man
A Soviet Titanium Man, developed for the Russians by Victor von Doom, proved the better of the Iron Man prototype. Later, the same individual was shown, together with the Crimson Dynamo, as a free agent working for HYDRA.
This Titanium Man was physically similar to the original mainstream version.HP Pavilion DV4-1200 CTO Battery
Civil War: House of M
The second Titanium Man was seen as a member of the Soviet Super-Soldiers.
The Ultimate Marvel version of the Titanium Man is a shadowy figure featured in Ultimate Comics: Armor Wars. He is the one who hired a thief named "The Ghost" to steal a Stark Industries covert tech piece "Remnant 242".HP Pavilion DV4-1200 Battery
He sends his robots (the ARSENAL cyborgs) kidnapped Tony Stark and his cohort Justine Hammer to his base "Project Tomorrow", a former military area which specialized in Man/Machine fusion tech, were the Titanium Man is revealed to be Howard Stark Sr., the grandfather of Tony who was told he was dead in his grandson's youth.HP Pavilion DV4-1201AU Battery
The grandfather Stark's been trying to use his Grandson's armor tech to upgrade his rusted green, body armor to achieve immortality. Ghost give Stark Sr. "Remnant 242", where it's revealed to be an alternate version of Tony, found dead in a barren wasteland (Earth-242) during Tony's research with Reed Richards.HP Pavilion DV4-1201TU Battery
Tony explains that the head has advanced armor failsafes that kills technology, which sends out a massive pulse that kills Howard, Ghost, the ARSENAL drones, and unfortunately Justine.
- Titanium Man appeared in the Iron Man portion of The Marvel Superheroes voiced by Ed McNamara.HP Pavilion DV4-1201TX Battery
- Titanium Man appeared in the Iron Man animated series voiced by Gerard Maguire. In the series' first episode, he's shown as a powerful minion of the Mandarin and a creation of MODOK. Titanium Man does not make more appearances during the first season.HP Pavilion DV4-1202AU Battery
- In one chapter of the second season, Titanium Man makes an alliance with Dark Aegis, but at the end he helps Iron Man and War Machine, sacrificing himself in order to stop Dark Aegis.
- Titanium Man will appear in Iron Man: Armored Adventures. In this version, he is the armored identity of Justin Hammer (voiced by Michael Adamthwaite) who created the Titanium Man armor as part of Project Titanium.HP Pavilion DV4-1202TU Battery
- In "Titanium vs. Iron," Justin Hammer dons the prototype Titanium Man armor (despite Mr. Fix's objection since the vibranium is needed to help perfect the armor) to ambush Iron Man in his stealth armor when Iron Man comes to delete the remaining data revolving around Project Titanium. HP Pavilion DV4-1202TX Battery
- War Machine comes to Iron Man's aid only for Titanium Man to knock out War Machine. Titanium Man ends up chasing after Iron Man (who ends up carrying War Machine away) and ends up dropping War Machine. Iron Man has his armor do a proposal which spins Iron Man free and pick up War Machine.HP Pavilion DV4-1203AU Battery
- When Titanium Man catches up, he destroys the stealth armor only to discover that Tony had bailed at the last minute. Titanium Man ends up chasing after Tony until War Machine wakes up. In the nick of time, Tony Stark's Mark II armor arrives and helps War Machine fight Titanium Man.HP Pavilion DV4-1203TU Battery
- Iron Man was able to bind Titanium Man with his own weapon long enough for the duo to use a double blast from their repulsors to heat up the Titanium Man armor to its burning point. Upon returning to Hammer Multinational, Justin Hammer bails from the red-hot suit as Blizzard attempts to freeze it.HP Pavilion DV4-1203TX Battery
- Unfortunately, the Titanium Man armor's burning point being so high that once Blizzard manages to cool it down, all that remains of the Titanium Man armor is a pile of molten slag. Despite destroying the armor, Tony believes that Titanium Man will return stronger than ever.HP Pavilion DV4-1204AU Battery
- Later in "The Hawk and the Spider," Hammer uses the Titanium Man armor to steal the U.I chip of Obadiah Stane which was stolen from Iron Man by Hawkeye and Black Widow.
- Titanium Man is in the Iron Man video game (based on the 2008 Iron Man film) voiced by Dimitri Diatchenko. In the game, the Titanium Man is Boris Bullski, and is an agent working for A.I.M.HP Pavilion DV4-1204TU Battery
- His suit (presumably based on the designs of the original Iron Man armor that were supplied to A.I.M. by Obadiah Stane) has a limited onboard battery charged by high intensity radiation. He is first seen at the nuclear power plant, working alongside mercenaries to obtain a power source for A.I.M., when Iron Man arrives and stops him.HP Pavilion DV4-1204TX Battery
- Later however, Titanium Man and A.I.M. soldiers later launch an attack on the Stark Industries compound to try to take Stark's Iron Man suit, but Iron Man defeats him and all of his A.I.M. forces. In the PSP version, The Titanium Man armor can also be unlocked as an alternate costume for Iron Man.HP Pavilion DV4-1205AU Battery
- Although it is supposed to be Titanium Man, it looks little bit more like a Guardsman suit.
- The third Titanium Man appears as a boss character in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 voiced by Crispin Freeman. He orchestrates the terrorist attack on Washington, DC and has captured some Senators and taken them into the subway.HP Pavilion DV4-1205TU Battery
- The heroes catch up with Titanium Man who escapes without the Senators. They catch up with Titanium Man at the Lincoln Memorial and defeat him. After being defeated, Titanium Man states that the heroes still lost.
- Titanium Man, based on his animated appearance, was part of the Toy Biz Iron Man toyline.HP Pavilion DV4-1205TX Battery
- Titanium Man, based on his design from the video game, is featured in the toyline for the Iron Man film.
- Titanium Man was released in the Iron Man Face Off 4-pack from the Marvel Super Hero Squad line, packaged with figures of Iron Man, War Machine, and Crimson Dynamo.HP Pavilion DV4-1206TU Battery
- A repaint of that figure was released in the Armor Wars: Part II 3-pack, packaged with Iron Man and Crimson Dynamo.
- A figure of Titanium Man was released in wave 32 of the Marvel Minimates line.HP Pavilion DV4-1206TX Battery
- A figure of Titanium Man in his Mark II armor was released in wave 2 of Hasbro's 3.75" Iron Man 2 movie tie-in line.
- A figure of Titanium Man was released in wave 1 of Hasbro's 6" Iron Man: The Armored Avenger Legends Series line.HP Pavilion DV4-1207TU Battery,HP Pavilion DV4-1207TX Battery,HP Pavilion DV4-1208TU Battery,HP Pavilion DV4-1208TX Battery,HP Pavilion DV4-1209TU Battery